Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

Title: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Author Info: Website / Twitter / Facebook
Pub Date: January 31, 2012
Format: ebook (kindle)
Pages: 265
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble / Goodreads

"Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it"



I really enjoyed this story. I think J. Meyers did a wonderful job taking something that we see a lot of (vampires, fey, elves, etc.) and giving it a unique spin. I loved having twins as the main characters for the story. Sera and Luke were the story. I don’t think it would have mattered what they encountered I would have enjoyed it as long as they were in it. The plot was fast paced and action packed. There was never a dull moment or something going on that wasn’t pivotal to the story.
Sera is able to use healing powers and Luke has visions of the future. They keep their powers mostly due to previous bad experience with how people handle it. With the power to heal Sera is less subtle about using her gifts being that even a touch from her can calm your mind.
I really liked the twins. Sera is head strong and stubborn but she also has a heart of gold. If someone asks her to help them she will not turn them away. She also doesn’t think twice about helping a person in need, even if it could mean her doom. Luke on the other hand is more cautious and protective of Sera. He is thoughtful but is not going to do anything that would even have the inkling of putting his family life in danger. Luke is almost burdened with his gift, being able to see the future but not being able to stop it. I feel like it gives his character a maturity that we don’t see as much in Sera.
Jonas, Fey and Marc were some of the main side characters. Each one unique in their own way and each one dealing with their own set of issues. Fey is Sera and Luke’s best friend. Well Sera’s best friend, I think Luke has his eye on her in a different way. She is supportive and wise beyond her years….hmm. She helps to keep things in perspective for Luke and Sera, especially when Sera has a tendency to get herself into sticky situations. Jonas is the dark brooding handsome type. I liked him as I do all handsome brooding types but there was something a little different about him. He isn’t necessarily cold to anyone but he is also not out to make friends. He has a little more of a leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone type of attitude. Of course poor Jonas a book cannot be made out of that. Marc was okay. I wasn’t particularly fond of him but he did have a good relationship with Sera. They have a lustful relationship going on but not too lusty.
Hooray for a love story with a twist! I did not expect things to turn out the way they did but I’m glad that they did. It was different but I don’t want to give it away. It’s one of those things where you might be sad, or you might happy, or maybe just reflective.
I like the writing, the lure, the characters and the unique way it’s all put together in this book. Plus it has one of those alluring covers I love so much. Add it to your TBR list especially if you like paranormal fantasy book. I look forward to future installments of this book.
I've downloaded Intuition which is a bonus story but I haven't read it yet.