The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow #BookReview #TheSecretDiamondSisters

Title: The Secret Diamond Sisters
Author: Michelle Madow
Series: The Secret Diamond Sisters #1
Published: Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
Genres:  YA, Contemporary
Source: Arc


Savannah. Courtney. Peyton.

The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past.



I’ve never seen a book written the way that The Secret Diamond Sisters is. Four different point of views which of course are the three Diamond sisters Savannah, Courtney and Peyton. I was surprised though when I reached mean girl Madisons part in the book. I was like this is such a cool idea. We get to be in the mean girls head too! I also really liked how the Campus buzz was placed in there throughout the book as well. I really liked the set-up.

The story had a Gossip Girl in Vegas feel going for it. I also felt like Morgan, Damien and Oliver reminded me of Dangerous Liaisons a bit. (maybe the Cruel Intentions version) The cool thing is that the sisters are coming from a very different rough background and trying to adjust to this new glamorous life. Trying to get to know a father that they knew pretty much zilch about for their entire lives. It gave it a very different feel.

All four girls are very different for very different reason. I went through phases with them with the exception of Courtney, I always loved her.

Savannah is that girl who wants so badly to fit in. She’s the youngest out of the three sisters with an absentee mother and a best friend that always gets the spotlight. She sees Vegas as her chance to finally shine and gain some confidence in herself. Now she goes about this in the wrong way and at first I liked her, then her naivety drove me nuts and then I found her endearing again. She’s learning maybe the hard way.

Courtney is the responsible one who has always had twenty jobs and trying to be the best she can at school. She goes to Vegas and suddenly all these doors open for her and all this weight is lifted off her. She almost in a way doesn’t know what to do with herself and I think is a little lost.

Peyton is angry so very angry. She’s had to clean up her mom’s messes and take care of things more than her sisters know. Now she’s transported to Vegas and I think she is bitter at Adrian for not being there for them. For not stopping the things that were going on. I did not like Peyton for most of the book but by the end I had a feeling things are going to be different in book 2 and I’m freakin’ excited to find out how.

Morgan. Oh Morgan. I’m sorry I don’t like you, I don’t even feel sorry for you. You blame everything on everyone else except yourself. Nobody has the power to ruin your life if you don’t let them. So ya I liked reading Morgan’s perspective even though I couldn’t like her no matter what she did.

Let’s talk about boys. Oliver, Damien, Nick, Brett, Jackson...am I forgetting anyone. I like how something would be going on with one boy then another boy would pop up out of nowhere. They were weaved into the girls lives in different ways. Not just interacting with one but sometimes all of them.

Michelle does an awesome job of recreating Vegas in your mind. I’ve been there many times and have experienced some of the things the girls did. I laughed my ass off when Courtney walks into The Imperial and says this place is a dump. I’ve actually hung out there and watched Karaoke. Although the hotel has since changed hands and is now called the Quad. I think you haven’t ever been to Vegas you get a great taste of it. Of course now I want to live in an awesome condo with a blamex. I can’t imagine experiencing Vegas that way. I totally miss Vegas now.

So I can’t wait for the next book now to see how things play out. I’ve got a feeling things are going to be different with Peyton. Plus there is still some mystery surrounding Adrian and the girls past.