Sunday Post: Book Haul


Happy almost St. Patrick's Day! Are you Irish, I am actually my great grandparents immigrated here but I remember when I was a kid I didn't really tell people. I don't know if it's like this other places but Chicago it's a big thing to be Irish. When I was in school people who had a speck of Irish in them would use it as an excuse to wear kiss me shirts and go crazy. So I decided to just stay away from that scene and fly under the radar. My other grandparents came here from Lithuania so I've seem to embrace that heritage more so. My family does however have traditions since my mom is Irish and we have awesome corn beef and cabbage. Those lovely red potatoes. I'm actually making it for dinner tonight since my husband (even though he doesn't have a speck of Irish) works tomorrow. Then tomorrow I'll celebrate with my parents. 

In book news I sent a couple emails requesting physical arcs. I've figured I have been blogging for almost 3 years and have survived without awesome book haul packages I will be okay if I'm denied. I felt really dumb though because I proofread the emails and then there was still a typo! So embarrassing. I need my genius husband to proofread my stuff. It's what he does for a living.

I'm probably going to BEA. I'm so excited! First timer here. I really really want to meet people and other bloggers. I feel like I'm so shy and awkward that maybe this will be a good chance for me to do that.

So I'm still in my hem and haw phase on if I should change my blog name. I even made a banner to see if I like the idea or not. The banner isn't completed I consider it a WIP. 


Jen's Own Wonderland is what my tumblr name is. So I thought hmmm maybe I should just change everything to that. I don't know though. Has anyone ever changed their blog name? How did the change go?




   

 








Road to Somewhere by Kelley Lynn, Jenny Morris
The Golden Apple by Michelle Diener (so excited for this one. It's an adult)
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
My Life from Hell by Tallulah Darling (I have to know what happens!!)
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel 
White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout (I actually got approved for this on both netgalley and Edelweiss on it's release day. I'm shrugging my shoulders and just going with it)